zur Startseite

Zitadelle Gozo

The Citadel in Gozo owes its roots to the late medieval era, but the hill has been settled since Neolithic times.

After the Great Siege of 1565, the Knights set about re-fortifying it to provide refuge and defence against further attack.

Until 1637, the Gozitan population was required by law to spend their nights within the Citadel for their own safety.

In later, more peaceful times, this restriction was lifted and people settled below its walls, creating the prosperous town of Rabat, now known as Victoria.

contact

Zitadelle Gozo
Victoria Local Council
Pjazza Indipendenza, Victoria
VC-1020 Gozo

fon: +356 21563344
email: rabat.gozo.lc@gov.mt

Sights / Sight Fort St Angelo Birgu, Xatt l-Assedju l-Kbir
Sights / Sightseeing Ta Pinu Basilica Gozo Għarb, Triq Ta Pinu
Sights / Sight Nativity of our Lady Church Gozzo Xagħra, Triq it-Tiġrija
Sights / Sight Fort Manoel Gżira Il-Gżira, Triq Il-Forti Manoel
Sights / Sight Our Lady of Loreto Kirche Għajnsielem, Gozo, Pjazza tad-Dehra